SKILLS & EXPERTISE
Project Management: Agile (Kanaban+Srum) and Traditional (planning, organizing, securing and controlling).
Product Definition: Business requirements identification for Product Design Documents.
Partner/Market Development: In the new media industry ( Network Operators, Platform and Content Providers)
Customer Management: Issues management, QA/QoS life-cycle management, Sales support.
Wuaki.tv Barcelona Project and QA Manager
Oct 2011/Apr 2012
Wuaki.tv is a VoD Start-up company that provides movies across Internet to PCs, STBs, Connected TVs, Tablets and Video Game Consoles.
As P&QAM, reporting to the COO, my goal was to define new functionalities (Product Design Document) fitting with the business strategy and assure that all front end developments, back end requirements and new codificated contents were delivered on time, on budget and with the desired quality.
- Product definition (technical requirements evaluation, development and testing). – Rec engines, DRM, UX, Video Ingest, Platform Orientation, Payment …
- Developers management (Redmine,GItHub, PivotalTracker) 3 teams.
- Quality Assurance Team management and QA process definition (APIs, Content Codifications) 3 beta-testers.
- Negotiation with providers (CDN and Content Providers) and partners (certification process) Samsung,Philips,LG.
- Project’s budget control.
- Testing team, test set and testing protocol creation.
- Achieve a lead time in most of the development process (Agile Management: Srum+Kanban).
- Control of expenditures and efficiencies with 10% of cost savings and 5% of time to market improvement.
- Content ingest area integration with our CDN (Encoding, Format, DRM) shortening 60% the ingest cycle
Applus Barcelona Head of DTV & Multimedia Department
Mar 2009: May 2011
The main activities of the DTV&MM department were consultancy and certification services for telecommunications and broadcast companies. Our target costumers were broadcast,network operators and multimedia devices manufacturers.
My goal as head of department, reporting to ICT’s BU director, was to be in contact with the existing and potential customers to identify their needs and provide them suitable solutions and at the same time participate in the telecom regulatory affairs.
- Product definition, New Markets Research and business development strategy planning.
- Sales & Marketing plan creation/execution (pipeline management and customer prospection & engagement).
- Economic and financial control (P&L).
- Management of projects, teams (9 engineers/BSC-KPIs) and providers (SLAs).
- Lead the laboratories accreditations’ process and quality assurance control (Telefónica, Nagra,Abertis…)
- Participation in industrial sector and government groups (AMETIC, GT7-CAT-SETSI)
- New department launched, achieving for the second year to be the 10% of the division turnover.
- Managing accounts amounting to € 450.000 bill (Telefónica and ONO.es) Network Operators.
- Sales increase based in cross-sales, with the fast development of new tailored products.
- New customers network creation (agile response for RFI, RFP and RFQs).
- Broadcasters: Nagra Conditional Access Kernel (KAC) tests, iDTV and STB Device Certification.
- Government: DVB-T Network deployment QA certification (E2E: Network and Service).
- Network Operators: Home Media Transmission Consultancy (MoCa-HCNA…).
- Consumer electronic: Devices calcification for importers.
- Content Industry: Open Data Right Management Platform Project lead by SGAE (security & billing).
- Government: KEBT E-Passport certification against Common Criteria for National Cryptologic Centre.
- CA Providers: System capacity sizing for Secuenzia Conditional Access Television System.
Telefónica R+D Barcelona Portable TV Engineer / Intern
Dec 2006: Feb 2009
TRD’s TV in mobility project aims was to develop the state of art of video for handheld devices, this project was launched with the Furia Consortium.
As intern engineer, reporting to the TV division manager, my main role was to lead the interoperability unit and coordinate Furia partners (Abertis, Mier…) for these working units and participate in the rest of the units.
- DVB-H laboratory Responsible: 3G/Broadcast architecture and service servers (video, transcoders…).
- Test sets definition, coordination for the testing process, management of resources and documentation.
- Multi-Technology laboratory creation.
- Multi-partner R & D project launched.
- New development line launched.
- Multi-Technology laboratory created
TMB Barcelona Ticketing Technical Responsible /Trainee
Nov 2005: Dec 2006
The Sales and Validation Service is the engineering office of the Barcelona Public Transportation Corporation that works with all ticketing technical issues.
As technical responsible, reporting to the department’s manager, my role was to give technical support to contractors in front of incidents, maintenance and for new award competitions. At the same time I was responsible to set up procedures for all necessary actions to be executed.
- Technical control and operations supervision for Bus, Metro and Tourist Bus.
- Maintenance and control of testing laboratory (validation and sales area).
Development and implementation of test plans
Definition of technical requirements for new products (Gates, Communication: IR, BT, Eth)
- Creation of synergies between companies and departments of the group.
- Project Tracking control and monitoring of global updates to Bus data dump.
- Evidence of vulnerability for data management architecture.
Spanish & Catalan: Native
* Technical English for Engineers. 230 hours: UCD, Ireland 2006.
** 1st. and 2nd. French: Official Language School , Barcelona 2003:2004.
09/2010:07/2012 Master in Business Administration
Business Plan: Medical VideoConference App/Platform.
ESADE Business School (Ramon Llull University, Barcelona).
09/2007 :09/2008 MSc in Telecommunications Networks
Dissertation: New CA DTV business model.
09/2006:07/2008 Higher Engineering in Telecommunications
Dissertation: DTV certification techniques.
09/2003:07/2006 Technical Engineering in image and sound
Dissertation: DVB-H systems analysis. –
-LaSalle Engineering School (Ramon Llull University, Barcelona).
June 2012 Global Sales Management Strategies
ESADE Business School(Kenneth Morse), Barcelona ES.
May 2012 Babson Entrepreneurship Program
BABSON College, Massachusetts US.
June 2011 Leadership for Anglo Saxon Managers
CRANFIELD University, Bedfordshire UK.